Thursday, November 3, 2011

Internship

This week we had a focus group at Park University to talk about the broadcasting major in our university.

 Professor Steven Youngblood was hosting and asking questions about the major to former and current students. It was really nice to meet some people that studied at Park and made in the field. We had Al Miller, thats is teaching at Park right now and work at channel 41.

I also met Nima Shaffe from channel 5. He is a Park alumni and he talked about his experience. He did at least 4 internships during his college career at Park. I'm pretty sure that this experience helped him to suceed in the field and to find a job when he got off college.

I'm doing my internship at channel 9, I did at least 5 internship in journalism in Brazil before coming to the US. After the focus group I decided to find another internship for my last semester.

It is really important to have connections and as well the internship give you the opportunity to meet people in the field and to show your work.

I'm looking foward to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment